Sunday, December 7, 2008

- "the QUOTES." -

Yesterday I saw the movie "FACING THE GIANTS" for the fourth time in the last 2 months.
I've never adored a movie like this before. I've watched it 4 times but I never feel bored.
Every parts, every sentences, every quotes in this movie are amazing for me. They increase my faith and my trust to the Lord.
These are some best quotes taken from this movie that I quoted randomly.
I know that most of you who don't see the movie might not understand what are written below, but I hope that you don't mind to read it. Cause these are really good words to increase your faith =)

Grant Taylor:
"The more I read this book (Bible), the more I realize life's not about us. We're not here just to get glory, make money and die. The Bible says that God put us here for Him, to honor Him. Jesus said the most important thing you could do with your life is to love God with everything you are and love others as yourself. So if we win every game and we miss that, we've done nothing. Football then means nothing. So I'm here to give you our new team philosophy. I think that football is just one of the tools we use to honor God. But see,, it's not only about football. We've got to honor Him in our relationship, in our respect for authority, in the classroom and when you're at home alone surfing the internet. I want God to bless this team, so many people will talk about what He did. But it means we gotta give Him our best in every area. And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him. Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes. So I'm asking you... What are you living for? I resolve to give God everything I've got, then I'll leave the results up to Him. I want to know if you'll join me."

Grant Taylor: "If the Lord never gives us children, will you still love Him?"
Brooke Taylor: "I will still love You, Lord."

Larry Childers: "You don't have to be afraid of failure. Everyone fails at one point."

Larry Childers: "David, I've asked God since you were a baby that He would show how strong He is in your life and that through you, people would see how good He is."
David Childers: "Then why would He make me so small and weak?"
Larry Childers: "To show how mighty He is."

Grant Taylor: "Lord Jesus, would You help me? Lord, I feel there's a giants of fear and failure just staring down at me, waiting to crush me and I don't know how to beat 'em, Lord. I'm tired of being afraid. Lord, if You want me to do something else, show me. If You don't want me to have children, so be it. But You're my Guide. You're on the throne. You can have my hopes and my dreams. Lord, give me something. Show me something."

Mr. Bridges: "Grant, I heard a story about 2 farmers who desperately needed rain. And both of them prayed for the rain. But only one of them went out and prepared his fields to receive it. Which one do you think trusted God to send the rain?"
Grant Taylor: "The one who prepared his fields."
Mr. Bridges:"God will send the rain when He's ready. You need to prepare your field to receive it."

Brock: "Lord, we know our lives aren't about football. But we do thank you for allowing us to play tonight. We're gonna give You our best. If we win, we'll praise You. And if we lose, we'll praise You. We'll give You all the honor and the glory this night. Keep us safe. Amen."

Mr. Bridges: "Bless them in a special way, Lord. I ask You to lift them up to You. I ask You to bring up a generation that has a heart for You, Lord."

Grant Taylor: "As long as we honor God. Nothing is impossible. Tell me, what is impossible with God?!"

No comments: